Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Electronic Technician I is responsible for performing full inspections, estimations and repairs on all product lines using a variety of test equipment for customer and consignment returns, in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for processing of return product documents, and posting of return product inventory to its proper location or destination in a timely manner.
2nd shift: 2:45 pm start time
* Perform full inspection, estimation and repair to client and other manufacturer’s electronics products to meet client quality standards prior to returning to inventory.
* Must demonstrate the ability to maintain acceptable levels of quality and productivity as acquired through technical training and demonstrated aptitude within a designated skill set and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
* Order parts needed to perform any repairs required to meet Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) standards.
* Accurately process various transactions, utilizing client Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems required.
* Process and book All Return Material Authorization (RMAs) and Service repairs including Trade Ins, Customer and Consignment to verify for correct quantity, correct catalogue number, and correct serial/lot number in appropriate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
* Complete inspections, estimations and repairs within standard times and maintains high repair quality standards.
* Ensure that proper tools and devices are utilized when performing inspections and repairs.
* Proactively participates in the quality systems, quality improvement and "5S" programs as directed by the Supervisor.
* Accomplish objectives while maintaining a clean, well-organized work environment.
* Disassemble finished goods for parts recovery as required.
* Perform modifications to new incoming product as directed by the Standard association inspector to ensure that all client products meet electrical standards.
* Maintain inspection records in a well organized manner to ensure easy access to inspection documents.
* Ensure completion of accurate service records and Discrepant Material Notices (DMN).
* Meet or exceed all defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
* Maintain confidentiality of documents and processes.
* Sort rejected products in the appropriate physical inventory location for final disposition.
* Adhere to all policies and procedures.
* May be required to perform support business needs by working in other areas outside their primary responsibilities.
* Graduate of a Community College Electronics program is required.
* Minimum of 1 year experience relating to electronics inspection and/or repair is required.
* Must be able to travel for training if required as needed within North America.
* Good communication skills, both oral and written, are necessary.
* Must have good interpersonal skills.
* Must have good computer skills.
* Must be willing to work overtime as required.