Our client located in Newton, Ma is looking for an Electronics Technician to join their team on a contract to hire basis.
The Electronics Technician will be an integral member of a growing robotics manufacturing team in a hands-on, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with engineers in the initial concept through the development, testing, manufacturing and support phases.
- Inspect, diagnose and repair printed circuit boards
- Produce and repair complex cable harnesses
- Perform tasks in a controlled environment under FDA regulations
- Create and maintain detailed records of inspections, failures and repairs
- Perform software testing, including installation and upgrade of firmware
- Troubleshoot customer equipment off-site via email, phone or teleconference
- Collaborate with electrical, mechanical and software engineers to transition products from engineering to manufacturing
- Perform extensive design verification testing of analog and digital circuits
- Independently analyze and interpret test data
- Adjust, calibrate and modify circuitry and components and record effects on unit performance
- 2 or 4 year Technical Degree or equivalent training
- Troubleshooting to the component level
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and basic use of Linux, including the terminal
Highly Valued Skills
- Knowledge of C, C++ or Python programming preferred
- Comfortable working with electro-mechanical systems
- Experience operating in a Quality System.
- Self-starter with a high sense of urgency