Our client in Norwood, MA is looking for a 1st shift EM Assembler. This is a contract to hire opportunity that requires a drug and background check.
Responsibilities of EM Assembler:
- Assembles grips and accessories from assembly drawings, work instructions, and bills of material. Uses hand tools such as torque wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, and pneumatic tools.
- Troubleshoots assemblies to specifications. May test to a fixture; judges proper operation. Makes assembly adjustments accordingly.
- Maintains a clean and efficient work area.
- Assists Quality in troubleshooting mechanical problems encountered during system checks to ensure system is functioning properly.
- Works with Electromechanical Tech and Team Leader in solving assembly problems.
Requirements of EM Assembler:
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend assembly drawings and bill of material. Must be able to follow assembly blueprints, work instructions, written and verbal instructions.This is normally acquired through attainment of a technical high school education.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude and the ability to recognize and use tools normally utilized in the manufacture of medium to heavy electromechanical equipment, i.e., overhead cranes, chains, straps, torque wrenches, indicators, etc. This is normally acquired in 2-3 years of electromechanical assembly experience.
- Must have good working knowledge of hardware, basic measuring tools, along with the communication skills necessary to properly function in a manufacturing environment.
- Plant environment with exposure to dust, dirt, noise, and the hazards related to the use of high force equipment lubricants and cleaning fluids