We are currently seeking a 1st shift Engineering Technician to join our advanced manufacturing team in Wilmington, MA!
Hours: Monday - Friday, 6:30a - 3:00p
Seeking an experienced Engineering Technician with relevant mechanical/electrical skills to join the Plasma & Reactive Gas Solutions R&D team. This position's primary responsibility is to maintain and operate the Plasma R&D Lab and Particle cleanroom supporting engineering tests.
The Applicant is expected to perform a wide range of duties including troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining electro-mechanical and electronic systems, and to support the day-to-day operation of labs and associated equipment which includes vacuum pumps, heat exchangers/chillers, thermal abatement systems, power supplies and control systems.
- Ability to work from diagrams, sketches, written and verbal instructions to build, maintain, troubleshoot and operate test systems, vacuum pumps, abatement systems, gas delivery systems and ancillary equipment to support R&D and Engineering tests.
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment as needed.
- Trace equipment and devices for calibration as scheduled.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Handle chemicals and gasses.
- Ability to use various software platforms like Labview, Programmable PLC and data acquisition programs – this would be a plus!
- AA degree or equivalent Military training in electro-mechanical systems with a minimum of 3+ years related experience.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Excel, Power Point
- Fine motor skills required for certain job functions
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry or otherwise move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Vacuum system experience is desired.