Our Client in Worcester, MA is looking for a talented Engineering Technician with an extensive background working with lasers and laser allignment! This is a direct hire opportunity.
Responsibilities and Authority:
- Performs testing and troubleshooting on subassemblies, final assemblies, and finished medical devices per written specifications e.g., customer specified testing instructions, test records, etc.
- May assist in development of advanced testing methodologies and procedures.
- Electrical Safety Testing (HiPot, Ground Bond, Leakage testing)
- Pressure and Leak testing
- Near and Far Field Laser alignment and testing
- Advanced optical alignment using aiming beams, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Laser radiation characterization using energy and power meters, interferometers, beam profilers, and other tools.
- Optical sub-assembly testing
- Performance verification using both automated and GUI test software
- Functional testing at component, subassembly, and finished goods level
- Electronic system troubleshooting using various tools, including but not limited to DVM, Ammeter, Oscilloscope
- Recording and logging Test data using Word, Excel, LabView, StarLab, MiniTab
- Other testing and troubleshooting as required.
- Responsible for following Cogmedix’s Quality Management System, cGMP’s and ISO13485:2016 requirements.
- Understands and follows good documentation practices in a cGMP and ISO 13485:2016 environment.
- Maintains manufacturing documentation as outlined in the work order package and defined by the customer.
- Identifies and reports any product quality problems or discrepancies.
- Documents non-conformances.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Maintains proper control of device traceability, materials and non-conforming material.
- Performs other activities as directed.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator, tenacious follow up, and superior organization skills.
- Superior customer service attitude.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in engineering discipline or course work in electronics, physics, and/or optics very beneficial.
- Previous work experience in medical device manufacturing a plus.
- Five years minimum experience in electro-mechanical / electro-optical testing required.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand concepts and detailed instructions, test procedures, and records in English.
- Familiarity with hi-pot testing, ground bond testing, electrical safety testing, use of DMM, required.
- Familiarity with opto-mechanical tools and equipment in an optical/laser lab setting.
- Experience in optical components handling; familiarity with optics cleaning tools and methods
- Familiarity with clean room procedures
- Working knowledge of computers, including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and ability to load software and manage different test applications.
- Very detail oriented, strong commitment to quality and a high degree of accuracy.
- Able to understand advanced manufacturing methods.
- A demonstrated commitment to company values.
- Excellent manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination
- Standing for prolonged periods of time
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to pass eye exam enabling work with laser systems