Engineering Technician - ( Medical Device)
Assists engineers and higher level technicians with coordinating and implementing projects, installs and maintains shop floor workstations and equipment, recommends cost effective
Responsibilities of the Engineering Technician:
- Work with the engineering staff to solve technical, facilities and quality problems.
- Assist engineers in writing PSP’s for new processes
- Assists engineers with conducting process and equipment verification and validation.
- Review and revise current routers, MO’s, and PSP’s as needed
- Assist engineers in production line formation setup and modifications.
- Participate and assist with dFMEA and pFMEA meetings
- Assist engineers in conducting engineering studies and experiments.
- Review & resolve facilities and ergonomic issues related to project implementation, prepare reports, documentation and other related materials, for use in facilities and workstation redesign.
- Provide cost reduction recommendations.
- Identify parts and supplies needed to support product or process implementation and ensure they are available according to production schedules.
- Train Operators, Supervisors and other employees on use of new equipment and/or processes.
- Support continuous improvement measures, by providing technical information and reviewing processes as they are revised.
- Address Change Orders (CO’s) in a timely manner, to maintain schedules and/or achieve acceptable levels of compliance.
- Aide Engineers in Design, Implementation and Qualification of production processes, tooling and fixtures including IQ/OQ/PQ and required validation activities.
Requirements of the Engineering Technician:
- Requires 2 -year Engineering or Technical degree and 1-3 years related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong statistical, analytical and decision-making sense of urgency skills.
- Quality and Customer oriented.
- Experience in coordinating activities among departments or groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong knowledge of development methodologies and problem solving skills.
- Must possess a high degree of personal organization and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office. CAD desirable.
- Able to perform required duties with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations desirable.