* Perform inspections and estimations of customer products received for repairs and troubleshooting.
* Use a variety of small hand tools and test equipment to make repairs and facilitate disassembly and reassembly of the product.
* Complete and maintain accurate service records both electronically using the prescribed database and manually.
* Ensure that safe work practices are employ by observing guidelines established and enforced by client.
* Maintain confidentiality of documents and processes. Maintains a clean, well organized work environment at all times.
* May also be involved in mixing of glue, data recording, calibration and cleaning of common areas.
* Follow established procedures on routine work according to client on-line estimation and repair manuals.
* May be required to rotate through different parts of the repair department to ensure proper understanding of the products and the different repairs and inspection techniques.
* Meet or exceed repair and quality standard times.
* Apply acquired skills related to the repair and service of endoscopes, electronics, or microscopes products.
* Actively participate and train in the quality systems, quality improvement and '5S' programs as directed by management.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma is required.
* Minimum of 1 year experience in technical repairs with mechanical or electronic equipment is preferred.
*Quality Inspection experience preferred
*Critical thinking skills and problem solving ability
* Repair experience in the medical or health care industry is preferred.
*Ability to maintain acceptable standards for attendance and punctuality, and as a condition of employment, work overtime as needed is essential.
* Must possess basic computer skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate skill in disassembly, assembly, repair, quality inspection or equivalent in precision repair activity while maintaining productivity and quality.
* Must have sufficient manual dexterity with small hand tools (such as screwdrivers, electric screwdrivers, pliers, or tweezers) and test equipment to make repairs and facilitate disassembly and reassembly.
* Experience or ability to hand soldering is essential.
* Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are necessary.
* Ability to read and follow manuals, work instructions, job standards and related information is essential.
* Must be customer focused/oriented.
* Must demonstrate the ability to maintain acceptable levels of quality and productivity as acquired through technical training.
* Ability to follow work instructions per Supervisors, Quality Assurance Inspector, Sr Technical Trainer, or Production Coordinator as assigned.