Seeking skilled Mechanical Maintenance Technicians for a gearbox motor company here in Suwanee, GA! Individuals who are mechanically inclined with high aptitude who can perform assembly on reduction and planetary gearboxes.
1st Shift Schedule: 6:00 AM 3:00 PM (Monday - Friday) with available OT.
Our client in Suwanee, GA has an immediate opening for a Gearbox Technician
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION :
- Ability to develop proficiency in gearbox assembly of all product forms, mainly coaxial, helical and bevel gearboxes, worm gearboxes, planetary gearboxes and extruders.
- Assembles large and heavy parts to complete units or subassemblies.
- Performs a variety of specialized assembly operations.
- Reads job specifications to determine gearbox adjustments and material requirements.
- Performs visual quality inspection of gear wheels, pinions, shafts, bearings, housings prior to and upon completion of assigned work.
- Uses samples, drawings, schematics, as well as written and verbal instructions to perform Gearbox/Gearmotor assembly.
- Uses hand tools such as torque wrenches and other pneumatic tools, long nose plyers to perform work.
- Distinguishes colors for color-coding purposes.
- Positions work piece(s) in position, against stops or aligns layout marks.
- Sets backlash using proper measurement tools, spacers and shims to achieve requirements. Press fit or shrink fit bearings on pinions, shafts or in housings.
- Any other duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 2-4 years of mechanical maintenance work experience
- Ability to use calculator and tape measure
- Knowledge of metric measurements.
- Read, Write, Speak and Comprehend English
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read technical drawings
If you or someone you know is interested in being considered for this role and would like to be considered immediately, please send your up to date resume to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.