Our premiere client out of Worcester, MA is searching for a QC Inspector (7AM-3:30PM). A fast growing, medical device manufacturing organization with endless opportunities. This is a contract to hire position.
Responsibilities of the Quality Inspector:
- The Quality Inspection position will have an area of excellence that will focus on primary responsibilities e.g. inspection, test, document control, CAPA etc. Each Quality Associate will also cross train in other areas of the quality organization to strengthen core competencies as a Quality Associate.
- Responsible for following the Quality Management System, cGMP’s and ISO13485:2003 requirements
- Understands and follows good documentation practices in a cGMP and ISO 13485:2003 environment.
- Inspects components, sub-assemblies, final assemblies, and finished medical devices per written specifications including defined inspection criteria, work instructions, work order routings, customer drawings, etc.
- Inspects all incoming products that require Receiving Incoming Inspection to defined inspection criteria, customer drawings, etc.
- Inspects manufacturing documentation as outlined in the work order package to verify that it is complete.
- Inspects receiving incoming inspection documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Will use various standard and custom measurement and inspection tools and practices including visual, microscopes, torque tools, digital volt meters, vernier calipers, micrometers, and others as needed.
- Identifies and reports any product or documentation quality problems or discrepancies.
- Ensures products are moved to proper locations as appropriate.
Requirements of the Quality Inspector:
- 5 years experience in medical product assembly field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience with visual inspection and measurements tools such as microscopes, digital volt meters, vernier calipers, micrometers, preferred.
- Positive attitude, self-motivator and tenacious follow up required.
- Excellent teamwork, communication skills, and interpersonal skills. .
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Further technical training or education preferred.
- Basic level skills in MS Word, Excel and databases.
- Experience in basic manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs