1st shift Inspector with CMM experience and certification
Responsible for visually and mechanically inspecting a wide variety of mechanical/electrical products and the setting up of a wide variety of measuring equipment to verify product, material and equipment conformance/customer specifications. Must hold a professionally recognized mechanical inspector certification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the most complex blueprints, assembly prints and specifications, visually and mechanically inspects parts, subassemblies and assemblies on all company products to ensure conformance to production specifications and quality standards.
- Programs CMM equipment. Upgrades software as new releases are received. Works with QA engineering on inspection system projects such as automating data collection, implementing SPC and gage R&R. Performs first piece validation of CNC generated parts. Performs the most complex incoming, first piece, in-process, final floor or bench inspection on a wide variety of parts and products. Generates Q.C. documents as required.
- Determines the best method of inspecting new or unusual parts. Plans, sets up and performs the most complex mechanical inspections by devising necessary gauging or measuring setups and/or making adaptations to inspection equipment or fixtures.
- Performs functional and dimensional inspection of various types of complex precision measuring instruments, tools and gauges to determine conformance to applicable specification standards where procedures and methods of inspection may or may not be established. Maintains instrument calibration records.
- Performs setups, calibrations, adjustments and repairs of complex instruments and gages. Uses knowledge of shop theory and shop mathematics to diagnose cause of any malfunctions or failure in inspection set ups.
- Sets up and operates all standard inspection equipment as well as optical comparators, hardness testers, coordinate measuring machine, ultrasonic, sine blocks and other similar equipment.
- Prepares reports, summary sheets and makes calculations and plots graphs indicating rates of acceptance and rejection.
- With vendor supplied and manufactured product; notifies Inspection and Production Supervisor of quality problems.
- Performs necessary inspection of prototype products and on occasion works with engineer to devise best inspection techniques and procedures.
- Performs and records results from liquid Penetrant, visual inspection, etc. May be called upon to perform production testing.
- Works with government and customer inspectors during their plant visits.
- Performs other related duties as directed.