We are looking for Inspectors on 2nd and 3rd shifts! These are long term opportunity, contract to hire, looking for the right person to join a growing company with tons of growth!
Pay rate $15-$17
Perform a variety of designated gauge set ups, visual and dimensional inspection operations in the inspection of rollers and to sort for size as well as finish packaging and identification, following accepted practice.
- Set up and operate Censor Gauge and operator Squareness Gauge, OOR Gauge.
- Responsible for seeing that all special requirements such as stability checks, nital etch, Magnaflux, etc. have been met.
- Refer to Roller documents to determine dimensional requirements.
- Work to close tolerances requiring constant visual attention to assure maintaining accurate size control. Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision without error.
- May perform limited machine operator or helper duties as required in roller manufacturing.
- Train employees as required.
- Record appropriate data on designated forms as required
- Perform in-process audits, on all roller manufacturing operations from turn to finished product.
- Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary or trades education preferred
- Basic computer skills; including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Above average mechanical aptitude and shop math competencies
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- Problem solving methodology for troubleshooting
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 25 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
- US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.