Responsible for all materials planning and production scheduling for assigned products and/or manufacturing cells to meet the guidelines established by the Master Schedule. Purchase a wide variety of nonstandard, specialized and custom equipment and materials requiring knowledge of electronic and/or mechanical product specifications and sources of supply.
- Provides input to management for financial budgets for assigned programs on a monthly basis.
Works under the direction of a more senior buyer planner or manager to adjust deliveries in order to maximize cash flow.
Under general supervision, works on “developmental” and “transition to production” programs.
With the guidance of more senior level staff, determines supplier capabilities and works with multiple suppliers to establish a competitive environment.
Visits key program suppliers – with support, evaluates capacity or capabilities. Utilizing knowledge of ethics, knows when to question supplier requests.
- Creates planning BOM and ensures accuracy for customer repairs.
- Has basic understanding of how MRP works and the interaction with other Oracle modules.
- Releases discreet jobs and requisitions, manages most exceptions, and uses pegging to identify problems from the ERP workbench.
- Releases orders to the shop and suppliers with more discreet scheduling than suggested to optimize inventory levels. Capable of setting up Kanbans with assistance.
- Prioritizes multiple items thru inspection and internal suppliers. Coordinates resources to expedite competing priorities.
- Works with suppliers to implement a previously defined inventory replenishment strategy.
- Utilize knowledge of Lean to apply continuous improvement to daily activities.
- Able to effectively interact with team members. Can create written and verbal reports and may deliver presentations with some management involvement. Communicates internal problems or issues to managers.
- With guidance from supervisor or more senior level Buyer Planner, reviews data and understands how the information affects program success.
Cooperates with coworkers and helps team leader meet goals. Shares information and ideas with the team. Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities.
Sends out quote packages.
Groups like items for negotiations.
Attends CCB if supporting a program. Can disposition most ECOs without assistance.
- May train lower level Buyer Planners on routine tasks.
Completes scheduled basic status reporting and notifies management of any issues that may impact customer delivery or quality.
Possesses some familiarity with regulatory requirements (RoHs, Reach, FAA, FDA, FAR/DFAR, ITAR) that directly affect their program.
With assistance, may perform a basic price analysis.
Works with customer to establish delivery schedule on instruments; leads weekly intercompany review meetings; communicates with customer’s traffic department for logistical details.
Contacts supplier to request RMA and checks for export license, as required.
Actively participates in MRB meetings.
Must possess an understanding of Order Entry, Purchasing, and other manufacturing modules. Will have some knowledge of assigned commodities. Must be able to generate spreadsheets with intermediate difficulty, including formulas and formatting. Requires basic/intermediate skill level in Word and PowerPoint and ability to create basic Discoverer reports.