We are seeking a Machine Operator in the Atlanta, GA area.
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator
- Keep press clean and free of debris. Ensure all coil, boxes, skids, and any parts needed in the production process are in the appropriate locations and maintaining the work area.
- Immediately notify Supervisor of any issues with press/machine. It is the responsibility of the operator to ensure that the press/machine is run in accordance with standard operating procedure.
- Ensure all sheet work is filled out completely and correctly; including process monitors and downtime logs.
- Maintain inventory control - Check each coil for proper tags.
- Ensure only quality parts are being produced in accordance with standard operating procedures. Routinely inspect parts for quality issues. Quarantine all defective parts. Notify supervisor of any issues. Document number of defects.
- Ensure daily with supervisor that press is ready to operate safely prior to each shift, e.g. mechanical guards are in place, light curtains are working properly, etc. Lock out/Tag out press and notify maintenance immediately if any safety issues arise.
- Ensure assigned productivity levels are attained.
Requirements of the Machine Operator
- Must have previous experience in machine operation.
- This role requires a high level of mechanical aptitude and candidates should be able to demonstrate and communicate mechanical aptitude.
- High degree of work ethic and reliability.