We are currently hiring for a 1st shift Machine Operator to join our advanced manufacturing facility in Sutton, MA! We offer plenty of training and advancement opportunities!
Machine Operator is responsible for operating a variety of production equipment including die cutting presses, digital knife cutters, water jet cutters, slicers, laminators, and more. Depending on the level of training and competency achieved, the Machine Operator may also program equipment, troubleshoot equipment, mentor, and train others, and lead small teams. The Machine Operator utilizes this equipment, while adhering to all safety practices and policies, to convert a variety of materials into finished components for customers. Machine Operators may also assist in various other tasks including part plucking, packaging, and more, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all procedures in the company Quality Management System, works safely and adheres to all lockout tagout (LOTO) procedures, safety postings and policies, asks questions when in doubt, and escalates improvements, ideas, and concerns quickly.
- Operates a variety of CNC machinery.
- Based on training and demonstration of competency, may write production programs, perform daily machine set ups, clean, and troubleshoot machines in accordance with internal practices and documented best practices. Typical practices include but are not limited to cleaning and inspecting cutting pads and belts, establishing pressure settings, aligning press heads, programming machines, optimizing throughput, and performing other adjustments as required.
- Reading high volumes of job instructions (including material specifications, diagrams, and drawings), and interpreting to set up and run machinery efficiently.
- Performs in-process inspections (e.g., visual, durometer, dimensional) of parts to specification and quality requirements.
- Assists in investigations of process related quality issues.
- May write non-conforming materials reports when required and is familiar with the process of quarantining products that have been rejected by QA.
- Completes accurate records (on paper and electronic data.) following good documentation practices. These records include inspection reports, training records, and equipment maintenance logs. Understand the function and purpose of these records. Complete records neatly with a goal of 100% accuracy of content.
- Achieves yield targets and labor hour standards.
- Embraces and maintain compliance to ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certifications and all aspects of the company Quality Management System and released procedures
- Identify Lean, 6S and Process Improvement Initiatives.
- Organizes work and storage areas following 6S philosophy for safety, efficient workflow, and to showcase the quality of work in the shop.
- Other duties as required.