Machine Shop Supervisor
Machine Shop Supervisor
Machine Shop Supervisor:
We have a client in the Suwanee area looking for a Machine Shop Manager. This is a TTH opportunity. M-F 7:30-4:30. Pay rate $26-30/hourly DOE.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage weekly manufacturing schedule, reporting progress and execute daily tasks. Track efficiency of production and work schedules as they pertain to each job.
- Strong knowledge of machining/ modifying parts as needed. Ability to set up, and operate industrial milling machine. (Bridgeport)
- Responsible for initiating clear directives for the shop, while driving continual improvement efforts, and overseeing & monitoring quality control.
- Responsible for keeping the work area, machines, and machine tooling inventory clean & organized and monitor proper preventive maintenance initiatives on all shop equipment.
- Initiate and maintain accurate production schedules to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to Interpret all drawings & blueprint specifications. Cross check assembled parts for accuracy and be comfortable with modifications if needed.
- Ensure consistent continuity in supply chain by effectively establishing procedures/documentation that communicate action plans, production goals and continue improvement efforts.
- Communicate daily with production team, quality department, and management top priorities/concerns and resolve all quality issues timely.
- Ensure continuity throughout the machine shop with a sense of urgency based on priority and customer needs/requests.
- Oversee and monitor all safety initiatives in the machining area to ensure that the company is in compliance with safety regulations, standards and codes.
- Attend production meetings and provide status updates on system orders.
- Must be willing to work overtime, as required and display a sense of urgency in responding to opportunities and issues.
- Minimum of 5 plus years as a Machine Shop Manager
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred. At a minimum, Associate’s degree, or technical school or high school diploma.
- Previous work experience in a high volume, Industrial manufacturing shop is essential.
- Experience with Solidworks files,
- Ability to multitask and motivate employees is essential.
- Ability to read blueprints and mechanical drawings is a pre-requisite
- Excellent written and oral communication is required and the ability to execute company’s initiatives
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and lead machine shop employees.
If you are interested in applying to this job opening please send your resume to email@example.com.