Our client located in Newton, MA is looking for a 1st shift Manual Machinist to join their team. This is a temp to hire role with Overtime.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, incumbent sets up and operates all equipment associated with the Plant 6 Machine Shop, specifically; Lathes, milling machines and drill presses. Operation of other equipment that support the manufacture of Ta and Niobium products will also be required. required.
- Sets up and operates lathes both manual and CNC.
- Sets up and operates milling machines both manual and CNC.
- Sets up and operates the UT plate scanner and The water jet cutter
- Interpret drawings and plan work in a proper operational sequence
- Selects and sets “speeds” and “feeds” based on material being processed
- Use precision measuring tools to verify that all work is completed within the required tolerances.
- Inspects and maintains all tooling required to support the machining process.
- Performs troubleshooting and routine preventative maintenance tasks on production equipment.
- Required to process material samples as required.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations and standard operating procedures to ensure personal safety and high product quality
- Maintains work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition on a daily basis by following 5S Standard Work practices
- Cross train in other process areas as time permits