Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Looking for a skilled Maintenance Mechanic to install, changeover, maintain, and repair plant equipment (processing, packaging, or support equipment) to optimize quality, productivity, and safety.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- Perform regular and preventive maintenance on equipment to eliminate unscheduled downtime.
- Perform changeovers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Fabricate materials or rebuild parts to maintain and upgrade equipment as required.
- Take corrective action as required by initiated work orders through the Proteus System or as circumstances dictate and write new work orders to account for unplanned corrective maintenance time.
- Interpret basic blueprints, schematics, and exploded parts diagrams.
- Initiate purchase of required parts, and materials to support asset care program.
- Make recommendations for equipment upgrades and modifications, as well as mechanical safety procedures.
- Notify Supervisor of mechanical breakdowns that will take ten (10) minutes or more to repair.
- Become familiar with PLC's (Programmable Logic Controls) and ladder logic.
- Report health/safety hazards to immediate supervisor or EHS Department and make appropriate repairs.
- Perform all work in accordance with GMP's, housekeeping, good safety practices, and environmental regulations.
Requirements of the Maintenance Mechanic:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic, food/beverage industry preferred
- Use proper lockout/tag out procedures
- Make recommendations for equipment upgrades and modifications as necessary.