Supporting the Plant Manager and the production teams to ensure all areas of the site are clean and that hygiene levels are fitting of an FDA registered animal feed manufacturing facility. Taking the lead role in ensuring all the manufacturing areas are clean and meet all regulations regarding the hygiene requirement of a manufacturing facility. Acting as the leading for all site and plant maintenance, ensuring all manufacturing equipment is operative and safe to use.
The operative is responsible for compliance with all company policies, local, state, federal and FDA (FSMA) policies, laws and regulations. Also, responsible for following all (GMP’s) Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ensure all work areas are free from trash and the production team can work within a safety and clean environment.
- Working with the Production manager, ensuring all chemicals are stored in a safety and clean manner.
- Ensuring our responsibilities for hygiene are FDA and FSMA compliant.
- The site creates dust and to clean all areas, floor and walls to minimize the dust and maintain a healthy working environment.
- Site Maintenance
- Knowledge and ability to assemble, troubleshoot, and re-assemble pump housings, motors, flanges, valves, conveyor belts, bucket elevators, in-line bushings and bearings.
- Ability to perform base line electrical wiring of pumps, lighting and other mechanical devices.
- This is a hands-on role which will include emptying trash, picking up rubbish, sweeping and scrubbing floor, dust control & removal.
- Ensuring all the PPM (Planned Preventative Maintenance) is completed in accordance with the schedule of works for the site and manufacturing areas, including helping with capital projects and the day-to-day upkeep.
- Minimize production down time by undertaking direct repairs, and a willingness to work as needed to ensure production targets are fulfilled.
- Maintain well managed and easy to follow inventory of spare parts, ensuring everybody has visibility of the available spares and their associated value.
- Liaison with external contractors to ensure all site maintenance is completed.
- Site hygiene.
- Knowledge of general maintenance in chemical industry or worked within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 60 Lb’s, climb stairs and stand / walk for 8 hours
- Pass a health examination and fit to wear a respirator
- Forklift licence
- High School Graduate / Associates Degree Preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
To apply directly to this role please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org