Job Summary: Responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and repairing machine equipment. In addition, performs general facility maintenance and construction work.
- Interprets written instructions, service manuals and electrical schematics to install, troubleshoot or repair hydraulic, pneumatic or electro-mechanical systems, used in production, packaging or general facility related equipment
- Cleans and repairs on building mechanical equipment
- Perform general facility maintenance including plumbing repairs, light construction and repair of existing electrical system
- Train new employees as requested by production manager on general operation of packaging equipment and/or newly installed equipment
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklist on building equipment maintenance procedures
- Prepare, update and publish a formalized preventive maintenance schedule for current production equipment
- Responds to emergency maintenance request as required
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair
- Good skill in the use of hand and power tools
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and be a team player.
- Must possess some basic computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.