1st shift 7:00am-3:30pm M-F OR 2nd shift 3:15pm-1:45am
$20-25 an hour DOE.
Responsibilities of the Machinist:
- Must have proven skill set to set up and operate and run manual machines (mills, lathes)
- Sets up and operates CNCs a plus
- Optimize process to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Receive daily instructions from Shop Floor Supervisor.
- Check parts to ensure they meet blueprint specifications using proper gauges.
- Perform daily point checks on machine and report concerns to Shop Floor Supervisor.(Noted leaks, noises, functionality)
- Deburr as required for work in process.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Meets departmental/company goals and objectives in a timely manner. (Such as; Efficiencies, Scrap control, Time motion and Setup time reductions.)
- Arrives to work on time and as scheduled.
- Interpretation of drawings, sketches, and/or working to set up sheets and verbal instructions.
- Adapting shop practice, methods, and techniques to fit each new situation and properly sequencing machining operations.
- Performing cutting, turning, drilling, boring, reaming, tapping, and finishing operations where tolerances range from 0.030 to 0.0003 inch. This includes setup of machine and fixtures for any of the various operations while working with such materials as steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, copper, magnesium alloys, plastics, and exotic aerospace metals.
- Use of scales, calipers, internal and external micrometers, height gauges, surface gauge, and dividers to determine that the part is being machined to the proper configuration.
- Must have proficient math skills.
Requirements of the Machinist:
- High School Diploma or GED. Or a four year apprenticeship program.
- Must own tools for daily tasks (i.e. micrometers, indicators, edge finders, etc.)
- Experience either in a production or job shop environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints/engineering drawings and work order instructions.
- Must be able to take verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and communication skills.