Our client in Littleton is looking for a Manufacturing Technician to join their team on 1st shift!
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the daily assembly, test, trouble-shooting, rework, packaging and shipping of products. The position requires working in a production environment, as a member of a team, with a multitude of responsibilities. The Manufacturing Technician must be flexible, able to take direction, work well with others and be hard working. The role includes light assembly operations of electro-mechanical parts and systems. Tasks require a basic knowledge of electronics, mechanical assembly, and use of hand tools. Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs and mobility to work on large assemblies from floor level up. The role also requires English reading, the ability to follow written instructions and use of Microsoft office software tools. Strong communication skills, attention to detail, quality focus, and the ability to working in a face-paced challenging environment are a must for this position.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Production assembly following written and verbal instructions
- Complete test operations by following procedures and recording results as required
- Using and tools such as wrenches, screw drivers, plyers, crimper to complete assembly operations
- Understanding and identifying standard and metric assembly hardware & tools
- Evaluate and debug failures and follow processes to correct non-conforming product
- Rework faults and implement fixes to resolve problems as needed
- Implement improvements and solutions to improve testability and test yields
- Follow quality procedures and maintain proper shop flow controls
- Work as member of small flexible manufacturing team
- 2yr Technical degree in electronics or related computer field.
- 5+ years industry experience as well as familiarity with high tech manufacturing.
- Experience with RF test equipment including network analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, high frequency probes, DVMs, a plus.
- Ability to perform solder re-work of electronic components including small form factor surface mount is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read documents, assembly drawing, and follow detailed test procedures.
- Must be familiar with Windows Operating Systems and utilizing Windows based programs
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The desire and ability to take ownership, responsibility and be self-motivated to perform duties