Under general supervision, loads and unloads stock by hand or manual pallet truck, and stores received materials in required locations or cells. Processes requisitions from manufacturing cells and transports material to and from appropriate area with proper handling equipment. Will at times work with Service personnel to fulfill customer material needs.
- Receives material and places into inventory using proper handling tools
- Packages accessories and related equipment for shipment
- Participates in daily cycle count either by actual count which requires personal accuracy of 99% or by processing counts through inventory system
- Issues stock for Bills of Material. Collects and stages parts requested. Transports inventory to Manufacturing cells utilizing proper handling tools.
- Makes decisions as to method of shipment of service parts based on size, weight, time, special customer requirements, and according to established procedures
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned areas and maintains location files
- Work with Manufacturing support groups to improve existing packaging operations methods and assist in the development of new methods
- Comply with all work safety rules and regulations
- Lifting of materials up to 40 pounds as assigned by the Supervisor is required (35 pounds on a regular basis).
- Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in same or similar role
- High School Education
- Associates Degree preferred