Our client in Hopkinton, Ma is looking for a Mechanical Inspector to join their 1st shift on a Contract to Hire Basis.
- Responsible for receiving, first piece, in-process, and final manufactured parts inspection in accordance with drawing specifications
- Utilizes all types of precision measuring instruments/equipment and develops CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) programs for use by self and others, i.e. Quality Inspectors and Machinists.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects dimensional data needed for process capability studies and manufacturing program verification. Analyzes results with machine operators and manufacturing engineer so that non-conformances found can be eliminated.
- Records sample evaluation data and enters it into the database and contacts manufacturing, engineering or purchasing for disposition results.
- Determines acceptability of rework by conducting an inspection of parts to determine if the rework has met all drawing requirements.
- Trains other Quality Control Personnel and Operators in the operation and programming of CMM’s.
- Creates and proofs all operation inspection methods using the CMM, plate lay-out, or hand tools for accuracy and expediency during production release.
- Verifies Operator’s measurements and aids in providing the proper inspection tools to the shop floor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Able to operate CMM
- ASQ Certification (American Society of Quality), i.e. Certified Quality Technician, preferred.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and GD&T.