Mechanical Quality Inspector
DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leading contract Manufacturing company in the North metro to identify a 2ndd shift Mechanical Quality Inspector to join their team!
Job Summary of the Mechanical Quality Inspector:
The Inspector checks and inspects in-coming materials, in-process, and finished products, ensuring conformance to company quality standards and customer specifications.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Quality Inspector:
- Provide receiving, in-process and final inspection for quality, appearance and performance of diversified parts and assemblies using precision testing equipment
- Interpret detailed blueprints, work orders, engineering specifications, and routing sheets to determine production standards and tolerance limits.
- Test finished products for dimensions, fit, surface finish, and appearance
- Complete all required records and paperwork including inspection reports, non-conforming material tags, and return material notices.
- Analyze inspection results and assist in addressing and resolving production issues
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
Requirements of the Quality Inspector:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- 3 years of Quality Inspection experience, working specifically with metals
- Knowledge of GD&T reports and terminology
- Experience using mechanical inspection equipment