Our client located in Newton, MA is looking for a Mechanical Technician to join their team on a 1st shift (7-3:30pm) role.
Summary: Produces components and complete systems by assembling parts and sub-assemblies. Is responsible to operate production machinery/equipment and may perform minor repairs.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Technician:
- Fabricate parts from raw materials and assemble fabricated parts at floor stations.
- Use hand tools and power tools to fabricate parts and assemble units according to product specifications and manufacturing instructions.
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies,
- Identify parts or units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repair as necessary.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly
- Demonstrated familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of electro/chemical/ mechanical fabrication and assembly.
- Analyze and record test results, and prepare written testing documentation.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
Requirements of the Mechanical Technician:
- High school Diploma
- 3 to 5 years Manufacturing Assembly Experience in a Electro, Chemical or Mechanical environment
- Computer Literate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Controls and Instrumentation, Equipment Maintenance
- Manufacturing Experience,
- Manufacturing Quality,
- Mechanical Inspection Tools, Tooling,
- Safety Management
- Power Tool operation.
- Math: Basic math is needed
- Mechanical/Technical Skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.