We are currently looking for a Millwright who will be responsible for dismantling, moving, and installing machinery and mechanical equipment as well as maintaining the coolant system.
Responsibilities of the Millwright
- Reviews work orders indicating repair required for plant machinery and equipment.
- Installs and/or changes layout of machines and equipment within plant.
- Reviews blueprints, company facility layout, and specification manuals when installing or relocating equipment.
- May erect scaffolding or ladder to gain access to overhead equipment.
- Utilizes overhead hoist, forklift, rollers or trolleys when moving, laying out, and transporting equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates equipment, shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts.
- Performs visual or auditory checks to diagnose problem and determine necessary machine or equipment repair.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus such as transformers, wiring and electronic components of machinery.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pneumatic and hydraulic pipe systems.
- Maintains coolant filtering system.
- Maintains oil filtering rooms. Including checks of pump function and filter status.
- Observes operation of pumping equipment to detect malfunctioning and leakage.
- Replaces industrial filters.
- Engages pump controls to route coolant to proper areas.
- Monitors levels of hydraulic oil, grinding oil, and wash fluid levels and completes fluid log.
- Obtains samples from coolant bleedoff valve and conveys to lab to complete titration test.
- Maintains daily result log of coolant checks in laboratory office.
Requirements of the Millwright
- Uses measuring instruments, tape measures, micrometers, veneer calipers and gauges.
- Skilled with hand tools, wire cutters, and wire splicers.
- Experience with reviewing blueprint or wiring chart.
- Knowledgeable of Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Electrical, and Mechanical systems.
- Familiar with pumps, valves, pressure gauges, and the adjustment, repair, and upkeep of them.
- Must have experience repairing large production equipment and machinery.