We are currently hiring for a 1st shift Packer/Shipper to join our advanced manufacturing facility in Sutton, MA! We offer plenty of training and advancement opportunities!
The Packer-Shipper is responsible for properly packing all products (productions or distribution) and preparing them for shipment. Responsibilities also include review of information from production or supplier documentation and ensuring proper labels are printed and applied to job specific packaging, adhering to internal label standards as well as customer specific label requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all procedures in the Quality Management System, works safely and adheres to all lockout tagout (LOTO) procedures, safety postings and policies, asks questions when in doubt, and escalates improvements, ideas, and concerns quickly.
- Measures, weighs, and counts products and materials.
- Observes materials while packaging in order to identify product deficiencies and escalate appropriately.
- Packs materials and products in such a way as to ensure that packing specifications are met, and are packed in a manner as to preserve their quality upon arrival to the customer.
- Marks and labels containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools and label printers.
- May write Non-Conforming Materials Reports when required and be familiar with the process of quarantining products that have been rejected by QA.
- Completes accurate records (on paper and electronic data.) following good documentation practices. These records include inspection reports, training records, and equipment maintenance logs.
- Maintain compliance to ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certifications and all aspects of the ISP Quality Management System and released procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SKILLS:
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Positive, respectful, collaborative attitude required.
- Must be team-oriented in a fast-paced, lean, and hands-on, high product mix environment.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret technical documentation, procedures, and fill out appropriate job specific paperwork in English.
- A strong work ethic with excellent detail orientation is required.
- Prior experience in shipping and receiving beneficial.
- Ability to understand material LOT control required.
- Experience in ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 environments beneficial.