We are currently hiring for several open Machine Operating positions on day and night shifts!! Excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced manufacturing organization with production goal incentives and on-the-job training!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and operates coating, slitting, metalizing, or sheeting machines
- Load rolls of paper onto the machines.
- Set up machine within established tolerance levels.
- Monitor all necessary adjustments.
- Operate overhead hoist, trucks and dollies to transport materials to and from machine.
- Work from production schedules, work orders, specification sheets, checklists and verbal instructions to attain required production quantities with appropriate quality levels.
- Monitor quality of product throughout process.
- Monitor condition of equipment and process control devices to insure that they are in proper working condition.
- Conduct various tests to determine whether product complies with established specification.
- Identify malfunctions, process problems and unusual conditions and report such situations to Supervisor.
- Take active role in the analysis and troubleshooting process to correct problems.
- Clean machine and work area in accordance to established specifications.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years of work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Prior experience in a similar machine operator positions a plus.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required.
- Must be capable of using judgment to plan and perform set ups and operate within standard procedures.
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred.
- Proficient in reading and understanding English required.
- Ability to read and comprehend safety policies and regulations as well as basic product and process documentation.