Davis Companies has partnered with a very innovative Panel Manufacturing company to identify a Production Assistant! This individual will assist in the lean initiatives and efforts of the production floor. This is an ideal position for a motivated and self driven individual. This is a 1st shift opportunity located in the North metro area.
- Provide daily material restock to designated work stations
- Maintain the process of delivering materials from wire harness station to shipping
- Retrieve and organize totes, pallets, carts, etc. as required
- Gather and dispose of production waste and cardboard recycling
- Ensure aisles are free of obstacles and debris
- Sweep, dust, mop floors as needed
- Maintain a safe, organized and efficient work area
- Participate in weekly 5S walks to ensure compliance and to identify 5S opportunities.
- Update and ensure completion of 5S task list.
- Use of tools and building of equipment used for 5S.
- Prepare and post visual components (i.e. shadow boarding, taping, etc.)
- Work with personnel to identify and analyze areas of opportunity within their work center.
- Ensure the promotion of customer focus throughout the organization
- Identify and assist in process improvement measures
Education, experience, and skills:
- High school education or equivalent
- ERP experience desired
- High motivation level and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work overtime depending on work load
- Forklift experience preferred but not necessary