Our client in the Norwood area is looking for a Production Coordinator
The Production Coordinator will be mainly responsible for reconciliation of parts for various customer orders. The production coordinator will ensure that the materials, components, supplies, equipment and services meet manufacturing schedules. Uses production and inventory control systems and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) for analysis and decision making tasks.
- Maintains contact with suppliers, to ensure that materials and services which are potentially late, are expedited to arrive on time and to high quality standards to meet timely shipment objective.
- Coordinate activity to resolve technical issues or problems that suppliers may have with engineering information.
- Perform visual inspection on incoming machined parts. To raise and maintain NCR process for MTO systems group. Handles return and credit of nonconforming material.
- Distribute incoming parts to project boxes and keep track of completeness of custom project orders. Kitting of stocked assemblies. Kitting of standard parts for various projects.
- To recommend opportunities for saving cost, improved quality and delivery and greater use of Kanban system.
- To attend production meetings to report the status of the supply chain. Advise the appropriate individuals of any deviations that effect deliveries. Provides feedback for those orders that have material or capacity conflicts.
- Keep Agile updated and assist in root cause analysis when ship dates are missed.
- Responsible for accuracy of parts within projects and cycle counting activities.
- Aid in initiating orders for manufactured parts and assemblies; create project/job packets and forwards to the shop floor for order processing.
- Responsible for consulting with and advising proper personnel on all matters pertaining to the planning for, purchase and follow up of the equipment, supplies and services for which this position is responsible.
- Reviews data entry to ensure accurate record balances; participates in reconciliations of all physical inventories.
- Revises or changes purchase orders, effects cancellations, improves terms where possible and obtains bids when required.
- Handles adjustments with vendors involving replacement of materials not conforming to purchase specifications, return of material declared surplus as a result of engineering changes, cancellations of orders, etc.
- Requires the ability to analyze a variety of technical problems resulting from a diversified number of items purchased.Requires mature judgment and initiative to locate proper sources of supply for machined parts and ensure deliveries will meet requirements.
- Verbal, quantitative, and technical skills normally acquired in a high school education.Must have some materials planning experience, normally acquired with one year of experience planning in an MRP environment.
- Team oriented. Must have good interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with outside contacts and company personnel in diverse positions and departments.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure with considerable mental application.