We are hiring for a Production Control Planner located in the Gainesville, GA area. The Planner will use various tools and knowledge of the manufacturing process to facilitate material availability and material flow through the factory to support the plant shipment plan. They will partner with Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Quality to 1) develop achievable work center schedules; 2) prioritize if constraints are present and 3) reschedule work as needed.
- List statements that describe the primary results or areas of responsibility for which this position is held accountable.
- Clearly define up to 5 or 6 meaningful responsibilities that describe complete units of work, rather than individual steps, tasks or details that are required to complete an entire unit of work.
- Create, maintain and communicate work center schedules.
- Manage production orders: starts/release; date changes; order splitting; shortages.
- Prioritize work at independent and shared work centers.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Purchasing, and QA on issues and rescheduling.
- Identify risks to production plan, evaluate the impact and resolve to remove risk.
- Drive to root cause of material shortages and production misses and develop countermeasures.
- Use of ERP system as a primary tool for planning production.
- Maintain MRP master data and processes, lot size, lead time, scrap rate
- Follow first articles from start to finish, monitor innovation/development production.
- Document standard work.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have manufacturing and scheduling or materials management experience.
- Must have Strong computer skills (MS word, excel, PowerPoint, ERP)
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong working knowledge of Epicor ERP Management System
If you have the skills and experience that meet the requirements of this job opening and would like to apply directly to the position, please send your resume to email@example.com.