Our client located in Ayer, MA is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician on a contract to hire basis.
Temp to hire. $26-$30/hr
Responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks associated with monitoring and analyzing products and processes for compliance to applicable procedures, drawings, specifications, and customer contracts during product development, manufacture, or repair.
Duties for the Quality Assurance Technician include: Inspection of incoming material, work in progress, and final products and performing audits of products and process to access compliance to applicable procedures. Typically duties may include but are not limited to:
- Perform mechanical / electromechanical inspections
- Perform product / process audits
- Review customer requirements to ensure compliance
- Analyze results and initiate NMRs / CAPAs as appropriate
- Participate in MRB process and continuous improvement efforts
- Generate reports, work instructions, etc as appropriate
- Support / coordinate Customer / Government source Inspection
- Participate in Corporate Quality Teams as appropriate
- Other assigned duties within the parameters of the skill level associated with this position.
Education and Experience for the Quality Assurance Technician
- Ten (10) years of related inspection / auditing experience
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment dealing with Military/ Defense applications desirable.
- Knowledge of ISO QMS requirements.
- Formal Auditor training preferred
Skills, Knowledge, Certifications and Conditions
Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project® and knowledge of Deltek CostPoint software.
Strong interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem analysis/resolution skills with keen attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with high performance teams, exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.