Our client in Marlborough is looking for a QC Inspector on a first shift.
Department: Quality Function
Reports to: Director of Quality
Summary: The QC Inspector is responsible for performing necessary verification on all incoming material and outgoing finished products. In addition to performing all necessary inspection, the duties include the correct dispositioning of any rejected product in accordance with documented procedures.
Responsibilities include: (Job Function)
- Inspect incoming material to verify conformance to specifications and move into inventory.
- Maintain necessary documentation and records associated with inspection activities
- Inspect outgoing products according to test requirements and final inspection standards.
- Co-ordinate disposition of any nonconforming product with appropriate functions.
- Maintain accurate count and trace-ability in regard to material received into stockroom locations.
- Accurate data entry and recording into the ERP system
- Assist in ensuring stockroom material is stored, identified and labeled appropriately.
- Perform Final Inspection of completed product, when needed.
- Perform other manufacturing support duties as assigned.
(Minimum) Experience & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or (2) year technical degree or equivalent from an accredited technical institution is preferred. Machine Shop experience in the Quality discipline or a related field will be considered.
- (2+Years) Previous experience as a Quality Control inspector for Electro-Mechanical products.
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings and documentation.
- Experienced in the use of measuring instruments (e.g.) Calipers, Micrometers, Indicator Gages, Surface Table (Height Gage), etc.
- Experience in reviewing measurement data to assess the quality of material and products
- Basic computer skills including the use of Email, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Good communication skills and previous exposure to manufacturing MRP/ERP systems
- Previous Inspection or Q.C. experience working with refrigeration products/materials.
- Some working knowledge of ISO 9001 based quality system requirements an asset but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- American Society of Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Inspector a plus