Our client in Marlborough, MA is looking for a QC Inspector on a first shift, temp to hire.
Responsible for verification of product quality and conformity through direct product and component inspection, production record review, and environmental monitoring.
Under the direction of the Quality Manager:
- Support manufacturing operations through timely review of production batch records and receiving documentation.
- Perform physical inspection of optical components through use of microscopes and measurement equipment.
- Perform visual inspection and physical measurement of injection molded, sheet metal, and packaging components for conformity to specifications.
- Assist Quality Engineers and manufacturing personnel in the execution of calibration activities including review and retrieval of calibrated equipment for processing.
- Documentation of product quality through paper and electronic systems including Word, Excel, and web based PLM systems.
- 1-3 years of experience in Quality Inspection medical device manufacturing or injection molding environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of 21 CPR 820 and ISO 13485.
- Experience in small batch, high variety manufacturing environment desired.
- Ability to read drawings and prints.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate degree in mathematics or science is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an environment with competing priorities is necessary
- Must be able to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Physical ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22C.F.R. §120.15 are required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee. License exception Technology and software under restriction (TSR) defined in 15 CPR 740.6 may permit person from Country Group B.