Quality Control Inspector
Quality Control Inspector
Our client in Methuen,MA is looking for a Quality Control Inspector to join their team on a first shift basis.
The QC Inspector will be responsible for inspecting materials and products for conformance to specifications using fixed or pre-set measuring instruments. Ensures materials and products are in accordance with established tolerance levels for quality and performance and are not irregular or damaged. Responsible for ensuring all policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable FDA, state, OSHA, and ISO regulations and standards. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under limited supervision. The job requires the individual to be a team player with the ability to function well in a challenging and fast paced environment. Must be positive, even tempered and have strong skills in areas of dependability, flexibility and maturity.
- Operating an automated CMM system with MCosmos Software is a HUGE plus or ANY CMM automation experience.
- Develops and maintains inspection criteria sheets by working with engineering.
- Performs quality control inspections on incoming materials.
- Performs source inspections at suppliers (if applicable).
- Performs quality control testing on manufacturing supplies, in-process materials and finished products.
- Maintains inspection and test equipment calibration log.
- Maintains device (and materials) history records.
- Coordinates and dispositions non-conforming material as part of MRB.
- Assists with equipment qualification on new manufacturing equipment (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Work within laboratory environment and chemicals following proper safety precautions.
- Requires a high school degree or its equivalent with at least 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003, c=0 (Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plans by Squeglia).
- Familiar with IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies standards.
- Familiarity with GMP environment; reading & checking Bills of Materials, schematics, and machine/assembly drawings.
- Ability to use basic inspection test equipment such as: multi-meters, calipers, CMM, bore & ID gages, depth and height gages, etc.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work under minimum supervision with a high degree of organizational and technical competence
- Ability to function well under pressure and expend effort to meet schedules and deadlines
- Experience with large medical capital electro-mechanical systems