Quality Inspector - Incoming
The DAVIS Companies is seeking an Incoming Quality Inspector for a 1st shift opportunity in the NW Metro.
Responsibilities of Incoming Quality Inspector:
- Inspect purchased parts, assemblies, accessories, and materials for conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments and devices.
- Compare quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.Inspect receipts, RMA’s, scrap/return, and warranty claims.
- Examine items for defects in materials, work, and damage occurring in transit.
- Inspect and measure items for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, and functional operation, using precision measuring instruments and devices.
- Approve or rejects items, and record inspection and disposition information.
- Create non-conformances, when needed, as a result of their inspection process.
- Inspect material to tag responsible vendors, via non-conformance, to track defects and to get feedback to the proper parties at each supplier.
Requirements of Quality Inspector:
- High school education or equivalent
- Prior quality/receiving experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft Office)