Our client in Marlborough, MA is looking to hire a Quality Inspector on a first shift basis. This is a long term opportunity with a great company!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Follows production drawings and procedures, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Be able to follow and revise Quality and Manufacturing procedures for inspection purposes.
- Documents and informs other of any material issues for prompt corrective action
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in a jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Inspect incoming materials, components, sub-assemblies and final products.
- Performs other QA related functions collaboratively with Manufacturing such as assisting with DHR review, equipment calibration and PMs.
- Performs go/not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Interact with other Quality Associates and other department members
- Communicate and distribute work to other Quality members in clean room.
- Assists QA with Document Control and training records as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions. Completes tasks in the agreed upon time.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in an effective manner.
- Education and/or Experience - Zero to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years’ experience working in Quality Assurance/ Quality Control preferred
- Minimum of 0-1 year experience working under controlled environment performing Quality Control or Quality Assurance Duties.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and understand SOP's and manufacturing procedures . Ability to print and speak simple English sentences.
- Mathematical Skills - Basic
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply good common sense to carry out multi-step written or verbal instructions.
- Computer Skills – Basic