The Davis Companies has partnered with one of their large manufacturing clients in Fridley, MN who is looking for a 1st shift Quality Inspector. This person would be responsible for checking and inspecting in-coming materials, in-process, and finished products, ensuring conformance to company quality standards and customer specifications.
Responsibilities of Quality Inspector:
- May provide receiving, in-process and final inspection for quality, appearance and performance of complicated equipment, instruments or products, or of diversified parts and assemblies using precision testing equipment, including CMM, micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Interpret detailed blueprints, work orders, engineering specifications, and routing sheets to determine production standards and tolerance limits.
- Test finished products for dimensions, fit, surface finish, and appearance.
- Complete all required records and paperwork to include inspection reports, non-conforming material tags, and return material notices.
- Analyze inspection results and assist in addressing and resolving production problems causing deviations from existing standards.
Requirements of Quality Inspector
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- 3 – 5 years of related experience with first article documentation such as Product Part Approval Process (PPAP) and AS9100
- Metrosoft or PC DMIS experience
- Experience in a Die Cast environment preferred