- Inspect manufactured devices/articles at First Article, in-process, incoming and Final Inspections according to customer’s print specifications and/oral specifications.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspections of raw materials, components and assemblies as per Inspection plans or specification requirements.
- Determine whether product conforms to product specifications.
- Initiate non-conformance reports as required.
- Detecting, correcting and preventing waste or loss of raw material or partially finished product.
- Train other employees in proper inspection procedures.
- Follow ISO 13485 quality management system procedures.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Follow environmental procedures.
- Follow written and verbal directions from team leader/supervisor.
- Preventing damage, through carelessness, to the equipment or process used in the performance of the job.
- Work with all departments to provide assistance if needed.
- Follow written and verbal directions from company officers.
- Perform non-routine tasks assigned by supervisor and/or company officers.
- Associate’s Degree or trade course certificate from a two year college or technical school with a Certified Inspector Certificate; a high school; education with 3-5 years work experience as a quality control inspector; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, whole numbers, fractions and decimals in English and Metric System.
- Ability to use hand held calculator.
- The ability to convert metric units to English units and vice versa
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to work independently with computer software required for job responsibilities.
- Ability to work with computer.
- Ability to use standard measuring and testing devices such as but not limited to: calipers, micrometer, height gage, pin gage, radius gage, optical comparator depth micrometer, etc.
- Ability to use hand tools such as but not limited to wrenches, screw driver, allen-wrench, etc.
- Ability to read fairly complicated drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate orally with all plant personnel.
- Employee is required to complete and file the following but not limited to certificate of conformance routher/work orders, packing list, QI sheet and shipping paper
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.