We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector for our client located in the Duluth area. This is a temp to hire opportunity with a growing manufacturer. They just moved to a brand new facility and are expanding rapidly. This is a great chance to get in the door and grow with the company.
1st Shift: 6:30am-3:00pm Pay Rate: $18-$20
Responsibilities of the Quality Inspector
- Execute elements of the DOL quality assurance manual and quality assurance procedures pertaining to the inspection of products in house.
- Assist in maintaining and developing the inspection program.
- Perform in-process inspections including dimensional verification and coating inspections; perform additional product testing as required; maintain records of inspections and results. Verify finished product’s dimensions and their conformance with drawings, work order specifications.
- Visual Inspection of welded joints (weld size, bead formation, weld penetration) of work in progress and of completed units for compliance and perform visual examination of welded joint to detect flaws (cracks, cold weld, spatter, and undercuts, etc……… per ES1124 and other specifications) using flashlight and magnifying glass.
- Assist with calibration of all inspection instruments and gauges and update records.
- Perform required product testing and photograph/document results.
- Assist with inspection of ISIR (initial sample inspection report) and complete/submit documentation.
- Review material test reports (MTR) as required.
- Assist with the training of production employees.
- Communicate and interact with shift supervisors, operations manager, engineering and other quality personnel about quality related issues.
Requirements of the Quality Inspector
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a manufacturing/steel fabrication environment required.
- Computer literacy of Microsoft Windows software such as Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Working knowledge of arc welding processes for carbon, stainless and alloy metals preferred.
- Familiarity with liquid and powder type coatings preferred.
- Familiarity with ASTM specifications, AWWA standards and AWS/ASME welding codes desired.
- Able to physically perform testing: dye-penetrant, magnetic particle, dry film thickness and others that may be required by the specifications.
- Good understanding of shop math (fraction to decimal) and ability to read tape measure, and measuring tools (caliper, micrometers) preferred.
If you would like to apply directly for this position please send resumes to email@example.com