Our client in Lynn, MA is looking for a Inventory Assistant to join their team on first shift!
Accountable for assisting the Culinary Team during all aspects of daily tasks. From maintaining an organized Culinary Center, organizing and collecting all raw materials from factory for development, assisting in reproducing bench samples for customer needs, and supporting and organizing outgoing shipments for all channels
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining a neat, sanitized, and organized Culinary Center (kitchen, pantry, cooler, and freezer space)
- Requisitioning, garnering, and recording usage of raw materials/ingredients daily
- Accurately place ingredients for daily bench top production
- Ability to reproduce bench top samples from recipe templates without supervision and ability to record and adjust proper cook yield, test and record soup Bostwick, and test particulate percentage
- Organize daily shipments for Sales Planners to pack and ship and assist on packing, shipping, and recording samples for special projects.
- Order, gather, and organize reheating products for internal and customer cuttings, special events, and daily soup for office employee lunch
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Possess cleaning and sanitation skills. ServSafe certification a benefit
- Ingredient knowledge + ability to gather items from the factory floor communicating and building relationships
- Willing and able to lift 30-40 lbs. as needed
- Possess culinary certification or degree from professional Culinary program or worked in commercial/ restaurant kitchen for minimum of 1 year.
- Proficient in basic computer functions with working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to learn certain functions of Inventory Control/ERP inventory management systems
- Ability to adapt and multi-task via a dynamic and collaborative work environment with a positive can-do attitude
- Self-starter, takes initiative on projects without constant direction or supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Obsessive attention to detail