Description - RMA Technician:
Our Client in the Lawrenceville GA area is a recognized leader in high quality component and systems manufacturing. The RMA Technician will perform electro-mechanical repair or upgrades on CPCI/VME based systems platforms as well as conduct functional tests. The systems could range from simple standard to highly complex. This includes evaluation of all RMA chassis to determine cause of failure, as well as identify specific parts (mechanical and electrical components) required to be replaced and finally bring the chassis into good working condition. The ideal candidates should be able to carry out the sequence of operations for electro-mechanical installations and testing of assembled chassis according to standard practice.
Pay range- $19-$20/hr Temp to Perm
Shift: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
- Evaluating and determining the root cause of the failure for the RMA chassis
- Estimate the labor and materials required for the scope of repair or upgrade of RMA chassis
- Identify electro-mechanical components, install them and test the chassis functionality
- Perform mechanical repair, troubleshoot wiring and test RMA units
- Communicate effectively, recommend and generate DDR changes on document where applicable to actual wiring and mechanical build of chassis
- Perform self-inspection according to Manufacturing checklist
- Ability to read and work from both mechanical and wiring diagrams and written instructions.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in electrical circuitry and exposure to electronic circuits
- Conversant with use of basic formulas to calculate electrical circuit parameters
- Ability to understand and configure electro-mechanical component requirements through
- Assembly work order instructions and B.O.M.
- Good manual dexterity
- Familiarity with the use of various electronic components (i.e. multi meter, crimping tools, soldering iron, etc.) and mechanical hand tools (i.e. power screw/nut driver, hand drill, caliper, etc.)
- Good communication skills, good math skills
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Associates degree/technical certification in electronics or equivalent and 5 or more years of related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret CPCI and VME specs is an added advantage