Job Title: Customer Service Technician
- Job Summary The individual in this position provides technical support to customers on assigned products and supports the RMA process.
- S/he is also responsible for evaluating, repairing, testing and calibrating manufactured products received from internal or external customers.
- Provides troubleshooting expertise for assemblies that fail during the production process.
Previous Education/Experience • Technical or Trade school degree or certificate in electronics technology and troubleshooting. •
- Five or more years of experience in the Military or industry, testing and trouble shooting electronic or electromechanical assemblies. • Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Communication skills [must be able to work with customers, engineers and/or production staff to identify the problem, root cause and help determine the corrective action to prevent recurrence of the problem].
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, BOMs and assembly procedures used to perform inspections and tests.
• Knowledge of electronic components and familiarity with electronic assembly diagrams
• Knowledge of digital and analog tuned voltage controlled oscillators; GaAs field effect transistor amplifiers and passive devices (filters, couplers), components, resistors, capacitors, ICs
• Knowledge of PIN devices (switches, attenuators) and familiarity with the test equipment required for testing devices, including computer-aided test equipment • Soldering experience and knowledge of IPC 610 Standards
• Knowledge of, and ability to use, hand and machine tools
• Computer literacy
• Customer focus
• Problem-solving skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Sense of urgency
• Team player