Looking for a Sr. 1st shift Maintenance Mechanic. Must have Industrial Experience. Prefer to have food or beverage experience or exposure. Prefer to have either Electrical, Welding or HVAC experience as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Individuals in this position must be able to:
• Conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspections of facility and production equipment to monitor performance, recommend appropriate preventative maintenance (PM) / repairs, and record findings.
• Perform routine PM on facility and production systems & equipment to sustain optimal availability and reliability, safe operating status and recommend modifications to improve performance.
• Disassemble, repair and reassemble equipment according to operating manual, schematics, blueprints and external technical assistance; and validate the equipment is operating safely and to OEM standards.
• Fabricate and install parts or machine guards to improve the safe, efficient and up-time performance of equipment.
• Train others in areas of expertise.
• Be available to report during off-shift hours when required due to maintenance or repair requirements of facility and production equipment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Conduct on-the-job Training
• Diagnosis and Repair Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems
• Complete Basic Welding Practices / Techniques
• Application of Manuals, Drawings and Vendor Technical Advice to Troubleshoot and Repair equipment and systems across the plant.
• Operate a milling machine and welder applying safe practices and appropriate techniques.
• Apply basic Electro/Mechanical skills
• Use of test and diagnostics to gather data on equipment and system performance to determine root cause.
• Knowledgeable on how to safety operate and use standard shop equipment.
• Understands the concept of continuous improvement, six sigma or lean.
• Application of time management, organizational and good housekeeping techniques to complete assignment on time and multi-task.
• Ability to communicate, cooperate and participate in a fast paced, customer focused, team oriented environment.
1st shift. Prefer flexibility. Rotating schedule. Must be able to work every other weekend. Will get some weekends off eventually.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience “The DAVIS Difference”.