We are currently seeking an Second Shift Supervisor.
MUST HAVE A GOOD WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF WELDING PROCESSES AND METAL FABRICATION PROCESSES
- Understand management expectations and company policies, including employee handbook and code of conduct, and ensure they are satisfied by the hourly work force
- Develop and implement effective line of communication with hourly manufacturing personnel and management.
- Understand and enforce all 5S and safety requirements to ensure organization and that there are no safety hazards or violations.
- Understand/review work orders for accuracy.
- Have some knowledge/experience in pipe fit-up and welding.
- Provide feedback, support and training to hourly employees in order to facilitate efficient work flow and timely, accurate production.
- Supervise hourly employees to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, including employee handbook and code of conduct.
- Direct the hourly workforce to ensure work is accomplished in a manner that satisfies quality requirements and meets or exceeds the target ship dates.
- Communicate with other shift leaders and coordinate the use of machinery and equipment to ensure consistent and harmonized workflow and to satisfy scheduling requirements.
- Coordinate QC and inspection requirements for manufactured product with the QA administrator.
- Review material availability and coordinate requirements with purchasing agent.
- Coordinate the finished production with the shipping department.
- Monitor manufacturing equipment to ensure proper function. Review maintenance schedule with maintenance planner and assist with maintenance operations when necessary.
- Provide feedback and daily progress report to operations manager; when necessary, provide feedback to manufacturing engineering regarding fabrication processes and equipment.
- Assist operations manager with evaluation of hourly manufacturing employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent; minimum five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing/metal fabrication business.
- A good working knowledge of various arc welding processes for carbon/stainless steel and alloy metals; e.g. FCAW, SMAW, GTAW, GMAW
- Ability to read drawings and check dimensions along with the ability to determine and allocate the resources required to produce a finished product based on those drawings.
- Possess a strong math background and be detail oriented.
- Strong mechanical inclination; must be able to understand how the manufacturing equipment functions. This includes forklifts, cranes, ironworkers, rolling and forming machines, rubber molding and vulcanization equipment, welding equipment and hand tools.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely and in terms that are easily understood, be a good listener, possess leadership qualities and be a team player.
Second shift (3:30PM to Midnight). $65K-$75K per year DOE.