Our Client in Norwood, MA is looking for a 1st shift (7:30am-4:30pm) Shipper/Receiver. This is a contract to hire opportunity and requires a drug and background check.
General Summary of Shipper/Receiver:
Under general supervision, loads and unloads stock by hand or manual pallet truck, and stores received materials in required locations or cells. Processes requisitions from manufacturing cells and transports material to and from appropriate area with proper handling equipment. Will at times work with Service personnel to fulfill customer material needs.
Duties & Responsibilities of Shipper/Receiver:
- Receives material and places into inventory using proper handling tools
- Packages accessories and related equipment for shipment
- Participates in daily cycle count either by actual count which requires personal accuracy of 99% or by processing counts through inventory system
- Issues stock for Bills of Material. Collects and stages parts requested. Transports inventory to Manufacturing cells utilizing proper handling tools.
- Makes decisions as to method of shipment of service parts based on size, weight, time, special customer requirements, and according to established procedures
- Work with Manufacturing support groups to improve existing packaging operations methods and assist in the development of new methods
- Comply with all work safety rules and regulations
- Maintain individual work area/equipment in a neat, orderly manner
Requirements of Shipper/Receiver:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in same or similar role
- High School Education
- Associates Degree preferred
- Lifting of materials up to 40 pounds as assigned by the Supervisor is required (35 pounds on a regular basis).
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately, comprehend simple verbal instructions, and do basic mathematics; normally acquired through completion of a high school education.
- Basic interpersonal skills to deal effectively with production and department personnel and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.