Our client located in Waltham, Ma is looking for a Shipper/Receiver to join their team on a contract to hire basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Palletize and secure large bulk material and equipment including generators, engines, compressors, pumps, and heat exchangers for freight shipments.
- Package and prepare shipping labels for UPS shipments.
- Coordinate with Service Technicians and distribution centers on material requirements and delivery schedules.
- Determine shipping materials weights & dimensions; fill out Bill of Ladings and labeling information.
- Perform data input to transact inventory and shipping information in the inventory management system.
- Receive materials and put away in inventory locations in the warehouse and factory.
- Perform the day to day material handling required to maintain the organization and orderliness of pallet racks, inventory bins and material in the warehouse.
- Perform warehouse cycle counts; work directly with Planner and Supervisor to reconcile issues.
- This is a fast paced, physically active role; candidate will be required to be on their feet, moving and lifting material during their entire 8 hour shift. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Fork Truck experience is a plus.
- 3-5 years working as a Shipper/Receiver, for large equipment manufacturing. Experience in Kanban, 5S, or Lean Manufacturing a plus.
- Good computer skills, with good working experience using UPS shipping software, Inventory Software or MRP systems.
- High School Diploma.
- Must have very good communications skills. Must be able to read and write English.
Pay Rate: $18-20/HR