We are looking for a Shipper to join our client in Waltham, Ma on a contract to hire basis.
The Shipper will work in the warehouse to handle, pick, package and ship materials to service distribution centers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Palletize and secure large bulk material and equipment including generators, engines, compressors, pumps, and heat exchangers for freight shipments.
- Load and unload freight from flatbed and trailer trucks.
- Pick, package and prepare material for daily UPS shipments.
- Coordinate with trucking and freight forwarding companies to schedule pickup times for freight.
- Determine shipping material’s weights & dimensions; fill out Bill of Ladings and labeling information.
- Perform data input to transact inventory and shipping information in the inventory management system.
- Receive materials and put away in inventory locations in the warehouse and factory.
- Perform the day to day material handling required to maintain the organization and orderliness of pallet racks, inventory bins and material in the warehouse.
- Good computer skills, with good working experience using UPS shipping software, Inventory Software or MRP systems.
- This is a fast paced, physically active role; candidate will be required to be on their feet, moving and lifting material during their entire 8 hour shift. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Fork Truck experience is a plus.
- 3-5 years working as a Shipper or Receiver for large equipment manufacturing a plus.
- Experience in Kanban, 5S, or Lean Manufacturing a plus.
- High School Diploma.