We are immediately seeking an experienced Shipping & Receiving Clerk in the Buford, GA area!!
This role will be responsible for shipping,receiving and inventory to maintain the day-to-day operations and to assume responsibility for inbound and outbound shipments. Forklift experience is a MUST for this role.
Shift Schedule: 6:00am-4:30pm (Monday-Thursday)
***OT Optional on Fridays 5:00am-1:00pm
Starting Pay Rate: $12.00/hr *See below
***(After two weeks of work, adequate work ethic, attendance and adaptability to perform this job the candidate will receive a $1.00/hr raise- Meaning that the pay rate will be bumped up to $13.00/hr at this time.)
- Pulls product from inventory per orders to prepare for shipping. Places product into inventory once completed off production line and inspected.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Assembles containers or selects pre-assembled containers. Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding as needed. Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons/crates. Closes and secures boxes.
- Prepares pallets/crates as needed for transport – securing with binding straps using strapping machine, stretch wrap, and/or blocks. Examines outgoing shipments to ensure specifications are met.
- Advises office of shipment information (customer name, part number, quantity, traveler number, number of pallets, weight) to facilitate document creation.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and advises office of any problems. Routes items to departments.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates forklift to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping/receiving platform to storage or work area. Also, unloads incoming trucks and load outgoing trucks.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- Maintains running inventory on card system. Alerts office to actual vs. computer inventory discrepancies Assists in bi-annual inventory.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills. Pays close attention to detail. Manages time efficiently.
- Familiar with and not intimidated by computers. Willing to learn applicable programs. Capable of employing basic math skills.
- Works well with team. Communicates clearly and effectively. Demonstrates professional and polite demeanor.
- Able to lift at least 40 pounds on regular basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
If you, or someone you know maybe interested in this role and would like to be considered immediately, please send your resume to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, or need more details regarding this role? You may contact us directly at: (470) 655-4807