We are seeking skilled individuals for shipping roles in the Duluth area. These positions are all temp to hire and have excellent growth potential. Our client is a major manufacturer in the area and is growing by leaps and bounds. If you have experience in shipping/receiving, quality checks, materials management and internal logistics and are interested in a long term opportunity, please apply today!
This position pays $14-$16 hourly based on experience and interview.
Responsibilities of Assembly/Shipping
- Unload raw materials from truck
- Move raw materials to Material Control for storage
- Move waste from area to dumpsters
- Responsible for quality control. No damaged product received in, or sent out to the floor
- Safe operation of forklift, power jacks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Label products/skids/pallets for shipping
- Assembles parts to sheet metal with screws, nuts, and bolts as needed.
- Uses hand and power tools and some basic floor power equipment.
- Assembles units as laid out and as instructed by production supervisors/group leaders.
Requirements of the Assembly/Shipping
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent
- Proven communications skills
- Basic computer skills for inventory management; including basic math skills
- Experience in a related role in a manufacturing environment (2 years minimum)
- Prefer experience working with an ERP system for inventory management and control
- Trained and certified in safe forklift operation
- Ability to operate various shop tools (including power and manually operated).